Traffic Router Administration¶
Installing Traffic Router¶
The following are requirements to ensure an accurate set up:
- CentOS 6
- 4 vCPUs
- 8GB RAM
- Successful install of Traffic Ops
- Successful install of Traffic Monitor
- Administrative access to the Traffic Ops
- Physical address of the site
- Enter the Traffic Router server into Traffic Ops.
- Make sure the FQDN of the Traffic Monitor is resolvable in DNS.
- Install a traffic router:
sudo yum install traffic_router.
/opt/traffic_router/conf/traffic_monitor.propertiesand put in the correct online Traffic Monitor(s) for your CDN.
Example:# list of ips or hostnames delimited by semicolon (;) traffic_monitor.bootstrap.hosts=traffic-mon-01.cdn.kabletown.net:80; # Instead of using the traffic_monitor.bootstrap.hosts property as a bootstrap # source before switching to ONLINE Monitors in the TrConfig, always # use the hosts listed for TrConfig and TrStates. Defaults to false. traffic_monitor.bootstrap.local = false # traffic_monitor.properties: url that should normally point to this file traffic_monitor.properties=file:/opt/traffic_router/conf/traffic_monitor.properties # Frequency for reloading this file # traffic_monitor.properties.reload.period=60000
- Start Tomcat:
sudo service tomcat start, and test lookups with dig and curl against that server.
- Snapshot CRConfig
- This instantly associates production traffic on the servers. They need to be online when you change the DNS records.
- Add the correct DNS entries to the SOA records for the CDN on which you are working.
- Add the servers to the NS and SOA records for your domain.
Configuring Traffic Router¶
- From Misc > Profiles, verify the following:
- The Traffic Router information.
- The profile is set correctly.
- The Status is set to OFFLINE.
- Verify the functionality of the DNS entry for the Traffic Router.
- Click Tools > Generate ISO.
- Complete the necessary fields.
- Click Download ISO.
Troubleshooting and log files¶
Traffic Router log files are in
/opt/traffic_router/var/log/, and tomcat log files are in